Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Little Bit of Everything

The past few weeks have been a potluck of experiences. I'm quite proud of myself for that metaphor. Ya know when you go to a pot luck dinner, only one dish is within your control. When you get there, you find all sorts of goodies, but some of them aren't so good. The thing is though, usually, you find plenty of scrumptious dishes that it evens out to be a wonderful experience. Ok, enough of the metaphor.

In the weeks following the trip to Chefchauoen, I have:

Been to the desert
Nearly died in flash flooding
Had a first kiss with a wonderful guy atop moonlit sand dunes
Wittnessed a medical emergency
Adopted a kitten, Noodle
Fell down a flight of marble stairs, causing immense pain in my right hip that continues today, a week later
Recieved additional funding for my stay here- meaning I'll be here through June
Found out my parents and best friend are coming to visit
Took multiple tests (the final is today)
Got "married" ie bought a wedding ring so the ravenous men here will leave me alone
Moved out of my old house (and will move in to a beautiful refurbished space next Tuesday)

Now on Friday, we leave for Spain. I love Morocco. I love my friends here. And I love seeing my progress in Arabic.

B'Salama

No comments: