Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pre-Departure

The first post, yikes.  I'm finding this process somewhat intimidating.  Yet, I don't feel it's appropriate to start writing in my journal just yet, but I think it's appropriate to start blogging; after all, I do depart in less than a week...

Well, I'm still living in Columbus as of Tuesday evening.  My plane departs at 3pm from Cleveland, so a lot of moving will take place over the next few days.  As I look out over my bedroom, I'm discouraged by the amount of things that still clutter my space, as well as the amount of things that I'd like to do before I go.  I suppose at some point I'll have to break down and accept that there's only so much I can get done, and in some respects, I suppose it's good that I'm leaving soon- there's only two more days to procrastinate now.  

I was at dinner with friends tonight and Caitlin asked me if I was getting nervous.  I'm pleased to report that I could honestly respond: "Ya know, I'm becoming less nervous and more excited." I couldn't help but smile at that response.  For such a while now, I've been dwelling on my nerves, and I suppose its been healthy to some extent.  But geeze-oh-pete, I want some time to get excited about all of this: I'm about to ride a camel through the desert (i'll be sure to report back on that one).  

Considering that my life is a little short of interesting here right now, I'll hold off on too many posts until I do have things to report.  Feel free to email me or leave me friendly voice messages though from now until I get back.  I'll check them often to remind me that there are good people here (with lots of wisdom, yogic and otherwise) that I'll be able to come back to someday soon.  I love you all! 

1 comment:

Megan M said...

Your blog is beautiful. :) I offer you the most useful advice ever given to me:

"Worrying is not a down payment on the outcome" it's so true, really. no matter how much I worry about what will come of the days ahead, that won't make the outcome any different.
love you meg!